Feature Presentation

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Because You're Too Lazy To

This week was exactly the reason why I write this article. There was absolutely no coverage on East Greenwich going to Nike Cross Nationals. Instead they find it necessary to fill the entire sports section with a losing football team. I feel that xc is a harder and more physically overwhelming sport then people put it out to be. Yeah we run, that's not it. We go at different paces, different courses and push our bodies to where sometimes they shouldn't be pushed. Sure some of you are about ready to skip to the next article because you're saying to yourself "I hate it when he talks about running, that's all he ever talks about." Well part of that is true and the other isn't, if no one's going to then I will. I'll say it and say running track and cross country can be the hardest sport you'll ever do, if you train hard and train right. I know everyone can jog but people who are into running and take it seriously then it's not so easy. I would like to compliment Paul S. the sports editor for the Pendulum for another excellent story to the losing football team.
No new news this week other then Mark Feigen was announced top 50 harriers in the country. Andrew Springer (Westerly) is running Footlocker Championships next Saturday.

No comments: