Feature Presentation

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Get a KICK Out of This!

Inside the Locker Room at East Greenwich High School :
This week in the little town of East Greenwich what could possibly be going on? Well with both guys and girls basketball just about to start, it will be very interesting to see how they both start off. With injury-fund Thursday for the Lady Avs it will be a completely different varsity team stepping on the court. For the boy’s team it will be looking like a few new faces but they should be well off this year. Senior Mac will be coming back to coach the boys for another year. Both teams have their eye on the State Championship which will give them a good drive. Hopefully they both will make it to the Ryan Center.
Penalty Shot for the Bad Boy of the Week:
With a hole in his leg, people still love him. I think my
favorite part of the story is that there are clubs in NYC where you can walk in carrying a gun and they won't throw you out or call the cops. They just politely ask you to step to the side and unload it. Then when you accidentally shoot yourself in the thigh, they unload it for you, and then give you the gun back, no questions asked. What is this world coming to? Athletes are getting away with too much these days and it is getting out of control. The New York Post says that when Burress finally went to the hospital, he gave the fake name "Harris Smith" and told doctors he'd been shot at an Applebee's. He has to learn a lesion and be taught that he cannot do these things.
MVP of the Week:
Changing it up this week I have to nominate someone that has been in the spot light for the 2008 season. A remarkable man and athlete. "I've watched that race so many times, and I still can't figure it out. I can't see where I was better. Was it my start, was it my turn, was it my finish? I have no idea. It still blows my mind" Michael Phelps said. Michael Fred Phelps (born June 30, 1985) is an
American swimmer. He has won 14 career Olympic gold medals, the most by any Olympian. As of 2008[update], he also holds seven world records in swimming. Phelps holds the record for the most gold medals won at a single Olympics with the eight golds he won at the 2008 Olympic Games. Overall, Phelps has won 16 Olympic medals: six gold and two bronze at Athens in 2004, and eight gold at Beijing in 2008. In winning these medals. He has proven to be not only the athlete of the week in my eyes but the athlete of 2008.
The Goal of the Week:
Does it always have to be the BEST team? Does it always have to be the top team? Does it always have to be a team on top? The funny thing with sports is that you don’t need to always be on top to be a good team. Carolina rushed for 299 yards in
a 38-23 victory over Tampa Bay. They have gone under the radar but are surprising people each game. The Panthers (10-3) pushed past the Bucs (9-4) to take control of first place in the NFC South and it's because Carolina pushed Tampa Bay all around at the line of scrimmage. The stamp on it all was a four-play, 90-yard drive in the middle of the fourth quarter. The Panthers ran on all four downs and built a 31-17 lead. They are going for it all!
Red Card of the Week:
This has been a very interesting couple of weeks with many celebrities getting in trouble. OJ Simpson popped right into my head. Sneaking by the first time with a murder case and now he is back. O.J. Simpson faces the prospect of spending the rest of his life in prison after he and co-defendant Clarence "C.J." Stewart were found guilty on 12 charges, including armed robbery and kidnapping. He just wanted his stuff back! The case involved a Las Vegas, Nevada, hotel room confrontation over sports memorabilia. Simpson said the items had been stolen from him. Goldman's father, Fred Goldman, was thrilled with the result. The result may not have come years ago but it has finally come for Goldman’s father. OJ is now behind bars. He could have taken the easy root and flew to the bahamas to stay under the radar but he had to do something to put himself up on the stand. It did not workout for him this time.
Center Circle:
"I don't know how many more statements Dwight can make," Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "Another great game." Many names start to pour out of the TV screen as basketball gets off on a good start. One especially is
Dwight Howard. I like to watch basketball and watching this man is unbelievable. His numbers are becoming more and more ridiculous. In Orlando's 95-88 victory over the Clippers Monday night Howard had his third at least 20 points and 20 rebounds and second in as many games, with 23 points and 22 rebounds. Oh yeah, he also had six blocked shots and four assists. That is insane. He is really helping the clippers to a great season, and it is just starting!
Annoying Fans:
So I am sitting in class just like any other day of the week minding my own business. All of a sudden my desk started to almost bounce. Now I really can't concentrate. Someone is sitting behind me playing with my basket on the back of my chair, bouncing me up and down. As the lesson went on I don’t think I caught one good thing about it because I was so dizzy. It was a very important lesson because the next day we had a test on everything. Please next time when you put your feet on SOMEONE ELSES DESK do not start tap dancing on the metal basket!

No comments: